Advocacy & Policy
Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
Guttmacher Institute Fact Sheets:
Implementing Immediate Postpartum Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Programs
- Citation: Holfer, Lisa G, et al. “Implementing Immediate Postpartum Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Programs.” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 129, no. 1, Jan. 2017, pp. 3–9., doi:10.1097/aog.0000000000001922.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Kaiser Family Foundation: Medicaid Coverage of IUDs and Implants Reimbursement Policy
ACQUIRE Project Postpartum IUD Curriculum (International focus)
- This curriculum from the ACQUIRE Project by EngenderHealth is a clinical course emphasizing the information needed to provide safe and effective postpartum IUD (PPIUD) services. The curriculum has been designed to be used by trainers who are skilled, experienced PPIUD providers and who have previously conducted skills training. Both a Trainer’s Manual and Participant Handbook are available for download.
ASTHO Guidance for Developing a Toolkit on Immediate Postpartum Long-Acting Reversible Contraception
- This guide from the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) is designed as a roadmap for states developing their own toolkits to aid in the implementation of immediate postpartum LARC programs. Topics covered include first steps, choosing toolkit topics, gathering and collating toolkit information, marketing and dissemination, and additional resources.
CARDEA Inserting LARC Immediately After Childbirth eLearning Course
- This course addresses the indications for LARC insertion immediately following childbirth. Participants view a video demonstration showcasing correct postpartum IUD insertion technique and learn best practices for insertion and managing complications. An optional video teaches participants how to construct a model for practicing the technique.
Jhpiego Providing Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Learning Resource Package (International focus)
- Group Based/Single Dose
The purpose of this learning resource package is to provide health workers with a consolidated source of essential information on safe use of LARC.
The purpose of this learning resource package is to provide trainers, facilitators and program staff with a comprehensive resource for high-quality LARC services using a modular, facility-based approach for training, capacity building and mentorship.
- This toolkit from the Michican Contraceptive Access Project (MCAP) is designed as a roadmap to help champions implement high-quality, perinatal contraceptive care practices into their setting’s unique culture and needs. Topics and resources include a virtual project manager, implementation planning tools, workforce training resources, patient education materials, and more.