The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is the premier professional membership organization dedicated to the improvement of women’s health. With more than 58,000 members, comprised of the nation’s leading group of professionals providing health care for women, the College has served as the preeminent source of clinical guidance on women’s health for over six decades. Composed of 12 districts and 95 sections, the College represents various geographical regions, countries, territories, and states in North and South America.
Housed within the College, the LARC Program works to improve access to the full range of contraceptive methods in the United States by connecting providers, patients, and the public with the most up-to-date information and resources on LARC methods.
In working towards this mission, we:
- Create, revise, and review clinical and educational materials
- Advocate on behalf of providers and patients
- Create educational and practice support tools
- Advocate for reimbursement and coverage
- Develop and provide educational outreach materials and training activities
- Build relationships with family planning colleagues and organizations
- Conduct research on LARC knowledge, attitudes, and practice patterns
Sign up for the LARC Program e-newsletter to receive updates here.