First Stage: Exploration
Key Steps by Department:
Key steps by task:
1. Identify project champions
It is common and recommended that a physician or another clinician brings the idea of immediate postpartum LARC to the rest of the hospital and recruits other important individuals.
2. Provide clinical evidence to educate others
Our Resource Library contains materials with answers to common clinical questions.
3. Verify insurance participation
Individuals from pharmacy and/or finance or billing may require payment verification from payers.
The ACOG LARC Program tracks all state Medicaid reimbursement policies here.
4. Obtain Reimbursement Reassurance and Verify Payment
5. Confirm appropriate administrative awareness
6. Assemble immediate postpartum LARC team and plan for ongoing communication
Clear roles and responsibilities and a communication plan become important to prepare for implementation amid competing priorities. This may occur within established contexts such as service-level meetings, or teams may create an immediate postpartum LARC team with its own communication schedule.